Chicken Tikka Masala
Serves 4 people
- 2 tbsp. yoghurt (optional)
- 2 tbps. oil
- 1 medium onion
- 4 tbps. Patak’s Tikka Masala Spice Paste (or 2 Patak's Tikka Masala Paste Pots)
- 200ml water
- 1 tsp garlic & ginger, chopped (optional)
- 400g chicken breast, diced
- 200g canned chopped tomatoes
- 100ml double cream
- ½ tsp sugar (optional)
- As an optional first step, marinade the chicken first with the yoghurt and 2 tbsp. Spice Paste. Then either grill it separately, or add it uncooked into the sauce and allow to cook through.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onion, and cook until soft.
- Add Patak’s Tikka Masala Spice Paste, 100ml of water, and the ginger & garlic (if using). Stir occasionally, until your sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Add the chicken, cook until sealed.
- Add 100ml water and the tomatoes. Bring your curry to the boil, and simmer un-covered for 10 minutes.
- Add the double cream and a pinch of sugar (optional). Simmer un-covered for 5 minutes.
- Serve with plain naans or pappadums, and garnish with fresh chopped coriander