Serves 4 people
- 450g spinach (or 1 large bag of spinach leaves)
- 200g new potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green chilli, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Patak's Jalfrezi Spice Paste
- 2 tbsp cream
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh chopped coriander, to garnish
- 300ml water
- In a pan, add the vegetable oil and place on a medium heat. Add the cumin seeds. Once they begin to sizzle, add the garlic, green chilli and the onion.
- Once the onions turn golden brown, add the Patak’s Jalfrezi Spice Paste with 50ml water.
- Once the water has evaporated, add the potatoes. Add the rest of the water, cover and allow to cook until the potatoes are warmed through.
- Add the spinach a few handfuls at a time until it has all wilted.
- Stir through the cream (you can substitute cream for a low fat crème fraiche), check the seasoning and adjust if necessary. Sprinkle with fresh chopped coriander before serving.
- Tastes great served with hot naan bread, mango chutney and pappadums.